The Parents Teachers Association (PTA) of the Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta is an umbrella body of parents,guardians,teachers and non teaching staff of Nigerian Navy Secondary School Abeokuta.
The Association was formed to amongst other things:
1. serve as a medium of contact between teachers and parents in which they cooperate to be responsible for nurturing the students in particular and contribute to the progress of the school in general.
2. provide a forum where parents can deliberate with teachers and school authorities as a body on matters of interest, designed to earn a maximum success in its obligation of character, training and academic development of the entrusted to their care.
3. acquaint the parents with the running of the school with a view to making them realise their position as parents and the need to make the teachers' work pleasant and successful through their cooperation.
4. liaise with the parents and other stakeholders to find realistic approach to issues and problems of the students like academic, sports, discipline, vocational training, moral and good spiritual upbringing, general welfare and a host of others.
5. support the school morally and financially whenever the need arises and that such needs are justified.
6. render any other useful services for the attainment of aims, objectives and aspirations of the school.
In line with these objectives, the present executives have partnered with school management at different times to bring succour to students and staff which culminated into excellent result recorded always by the school.
In line with these objectives, the present executives have partnered with school management at different times to bring succour to students and staff which culminated into excellent result recorded always by the
Permit me to mention few of such developments:
* Provision of solar powered lights in halls of residence and classrooms.
* Renovation of the school library with an electronic library section.
* Provision of boreholes with a dedicated power generating set to ensure that navy boys have constant supply of water
* Construction of convenience for use of parents.
* and lately, partnering with the school management to launch an interactive website for checking of academic results and other internet- based activities.
* Provision of ceremonial wears at no cost to graduating Navy Boys etc.
These achievements and others not mentioned here could not have been possible without the tremendous cooperation and support we received from our esteemed parents,staff and principal officers of the school especially the present and past commandants.
Finally, the parent body salute the leadership role of the Directorate of Naval Education under the leadership of Cdr I. A Ahmed for the transformation witnessed in our school. Thank you sir.
Sit back to surf and enjoy NNSS Abeokuta digital world.
Long live PTA!
Long live NNSS ABK!!
Dr M.A. Oloko
Chairman, PTA NNSS ABK.2017/2019 SET
DR. MAZEED ALABA OLOKO